Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Letters over Emails

Long gone are the days when people used to wait for the postman to come and drop off letters at our nearby Postbox. Long gone are the days when we used to buy yellow postcards and blue colour inland letters. Long gone are the days when we used to collect foreign stamps and show them to everybody proudly.

Long gone are the days when I used to buy nice flowery envelopes and sheets in “Archies Gallery” to write a message to somebody.

Sadly , now our world remains with electronic mails :-(.

Personally, I feel that there is no “Human Touch” to an Email.I prefer writing letters rather than emails. I love the handwriting in those letters and would prefer people to send me letters over emails , atleast once in a while. I have treasured my childhood letters that I got from various people. The joy that I get when I see a past letter is very very different from the feeling I have when I read a previous email.

My first letter to my husband was also a handwritten letter. And now it remains one of his priced possessions :-) !!

Believe me............. Its really different !!

2 comments:

Divya said...

I prefer letters to emails too, they add that human touch and sorta convey the tone a little better than emails which seem totally computer generated ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Mousai.... Indeed a long time since we have been in touch!!!!!! Mr.Einstein should keep it as a prized possession... nahi to Jiju ko maar padegi :)
Waise... talking about letters... indeed a hand written letter adds a lot of personal touch when compared to the electronic one... Chalo let me also see whether I am able to come up with the good practice again :)