Friday, January 7, 2011

Break Ke Baad : Review

I had to post this long long back.... but could not do it due to various reasons. Didn’t want to miss it and hence here it is.

We happened to go to a Meta Fantabulous movie called “ Break Ke Baad”.Wow!! What an experience!! I guess I should punish myself for opting to it. Ravi was suggesting that we have got a CD so we can watch it at home. But Nah , I didn’t listen. All my fault.

The first jolt I got was when the heroine takes out a jumbo size Cigar ( Cigar , mind you... not a cigarette ) and smokes it. I don’t know where the people are , who made a hue and cry seeing Aishwarya Rai in Guzarish with a cigarette. And she kind of passes sarcastic comments on her own mom and declares that she would lose her virginity at 20. Ofcourse not after marriage and stuff. Wonder where the women activists are. She calls people as emotional fools and she is out of all that stuff. I guess she is one rare kind of prodigy born on earth.... and that too a woman.

The entire story was ultimately frustrating and showing Imran compromise always , made my blood boil. Wonder why he agreed to portray such a boneless character. I agree that any relationship calls for some kind of a compromise. But then , the amount to which this guy falls down is too much. The heroine calls her idiotic behaviour as “trying to explore life” , “taking risks” and “being cool”.

The story goes like this...... Aliya and Gulati are childhood friends, but then are completely opposite in their thought processes. Aliya is very independent , daring and cool. Obviously she smokes , drinks etc etc. Gualti is a little emotional , soft and compromising types. He does all sorts of stuff for her , no matter what! Aliya applies for a course is Australia without consulting anybody and declares at the last moment that she is going. Gulati is shocked and hurt and pleads her. But she does not listen , so he has to give in. She says that they need this “Break” in order to find themselves. And then she is off to Australia and enjoying herself , whereas Gulati feels the pinch always. Finally , he ends up at Australia concerned about her and she shouts at him to leave her alone. They “Break Up”. From this point onwards , I had a little hope that there would be something happening which will teach Aliya a lesson. But futile hopes. She does not realise and they concentrate on their careers and work. And then finally , one fine day she hears that Gulati is getting married and then comes back and proposes him. And you know what??......... Gulati is still waiting to marry her and accepts........ GOD save me........

Wasted around 70 odd bucks and came home late.

4 comments:

ViVo said...

lol, i was thinking of watching this movie too. :)
thankfully, never got the time.

Dhanya said...

I watched the movie and I kind of liked it :D Maybe coz the girl is a bit like me - uncontrollable and immature :D I don't drink or smoke though ;) But yeah, guys like Imran's character can be hard to find -- and hence irritating when we see such characters on screen.

Purna Koumudi Vogeti said...

It was not just about smoking or drinking Dhanya :). Yeah the immaturish and unpredictable girl was okay. But then calling women emotional fools and all that , my GOd... hahahaha.....didnt quite like it...

Anyways.... thinga apart , just wanted to let you know that I am really glad that you are reading my blog.... Thanks a ton :)

Divya said...

I like Imran, poor guy should select his roles wisely. He was pretty much thrown around like a worthless being in this movie. One good came out of Aliya's unreasonable behaviour though, he came out of his shell and started his own business. hehe think about the bright side!